I was trying to come up with an idea for a blog post, so I asked my wife Carrie what I should blog about….she replied, “Zucchini”. She was joking, but it made sense in that we have so much of it right now! So in the spirit of creativity, I said, “o.k.” so here we go.
According to Wikipedia, Zucchini is also referred to as Courgette. It is a Summer Squash that can reach one meter in length.
Five Reasons To Like Zucchini
- For those of you that are Zucchini Geeks/Foodie Geeks….in a culinary context, Zucchini is treated as a vegetable. However, Botanically – it is considered a fruit! What a conundrum this must cause you!
- In France, zucchini is a key ingredient in ratatouille, a stew of summer fruits and vegetables prepared in olive oil and cooked for an extended time over low heat. The dish, originating near present-day Nice, is served as a side dish or on its own at lunch with bread. And who doesn’t like the movie, “Ratatouille“!
- Zucchini Pasta …..wait, that’s a thing? Sign me up!
- There’s an App for that! Zucchini App “Zucchini Bread is life often required”…what? I’m guessing it’s not doing well on itunes!
- Last, but certainly NOT least: Zucchini Bread
Well, there you have it! The photo was taken on my kitchen table using the camera on my MacBook Pro, with extra lighting assist from the Ott Light.
Check out my website for Gand Canyon images, coming soon! Jay